Fire Risk Assessments
Each of our experienced Fire Risk Assessors are based in Essex or Kent, members of UK professional fire associations including the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers and the Institute of Fire Engineers and hold a DBS certificate, formally known as the CRB check.
Our competent’s in providing fire risk assessments is regularly proven by re-registration with the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers fire Risk Assessment Register.
Why choose MB Fire Risk?
- Our team of experienced Fire Risk Assessors provide high quality and professional fire reports using industry standard templates, including PAS 79-2012 and Firecode part K for more complex premises as appropriate.
- We verify the fire risk assessment reports before emailing to our customers in pdf format. Hard copies can be printed if required.
- A Registered Fire Risk Assessor is always involved in the risk assessment process, giving assurance of our fire compliance and good value for money.
- Each associate partner is either serving or a former professional London Fire Brigade or Essex County Fire & Rescue Service officer with a minimum of 15 year’s experience.
- Collectively; we have been managing fire safety for over 150 years.
- We each chose to develop our professional skills towards fire risk assessment and are keen to advise owners and managers, how best to control fire hazards cost effectively.
- We understand how the likelihood of fire can be greatly reduced, limiting the risk of death, injury, stress, heartache or homelessness.
- Our primary aim is to help our valued new and existing customers develop robust fire strategies, keeping people within the buildings fire safe.
- Our independent Fire Risk Assessors cover London and the home counties; Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Norfolk, Suffolk, Surrey, Wiltshire and Devon.
- We have been Providing quality fire risk assessments at simple and more complex commercial, offices, factories, healthcare premises and residential buildings since the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) 2005 came in to force.
Do not gamble with fire safety, it’s not value for your money?
A simple search on the internet shows many cheap and cheerful fire risk assessments. Please remember suitable fire risk assessments can save lives, all too often poor-quality reports prove to be a very bad investment and may expose owners and managers to investigation for not undertaking due diligence checks. Ensue you manage your risk properly by engaging competent fire risk assessors.
In 2011 the first Crown Court Judge to send a person to prison for providing a poor fire risk assessment and stated; “It seems to me an example should be set about fire risk assessors, who are not with qualifications…”
In 2012 the UK Government tasked the Fire Risk Assessors Competency Council (FRACC) to set a bench-mark expected of Fire Risk Assessors. The aim was to deter cowboy’s from selling poor quality fire risk assessments, compromising safety and sometimes leading to prison sentences.
More recently in June 2016 an Independent fire risk assessor and Runcorn care home were sentenced. http://m.cheshirefire.gov.uk/news-events/press-releases/independent-fire-risk-assessor-and-runcorn-care-home-in-court
By using the free guide ‘Choosing a Competent Fire Risk Assessor’ you can avoid making a poor financial investment and be reassured that you are choosing a registered Fire Risk Assessor like MB Fire Risk via the IFPO Fire Risk Assessment Register.
You may own or manage a business looking for professional help with fire risk assessments. Or you may be selling a property and need a fire risk assessment report to complete the sale. Or you may be looking for a long-term partnership with professional fire consultants, supporting your business to growth.
Either way we aim to provide an independent, reliable, sensitive, professional friendly service, highlighting what you need to know to be safe, fire resilient and compliant with the Fire Safety Order and UK law.
Thank you for considering MB Fire Risk….. How can we help?
Once engaged we provide high quality Fire Risk Assessments, evaluating your premises fire safety systems and management procedures using the most appropriate guidance.
After the fire risk assessment inspection; your Fire Risk Assessor will produce a user-friendly report that sets-out cost-effective solutions how to comply with the Fire Safety Order by following clear recommendations.
We offer time to discuss any recommendations with the owner or nominated ‘Responsible Person’ (Fire) and can provide the action plan in word format so progress can be recorded against any recommendations within our report.
Buildings types we have provided fire consultancy and fire risk assessment
- Masonic Halls
- Activity centres
- Commercial units
- NHS walking centres
- Residential care homes
- Waste recycling centres
- Sleeping accommodation
- MOT stations and garages
- Sheltered Accommodation
- Residential communal areas
- Small and medium theatre companies
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO’s)
- Residential blocks of flats communal areas
- Premises installing biomass boiler and fuel stores
- Flats under Private Rented Property Licence (PRPL)
- Complex acute, community and mental health hospitals
- Building construction sites
If you would like a formal quotation, please email email@example.com giving brief details about your buildings including number of levels, floor area, fire escape staircases, what its used for and the full postal address. We look forward to doing business with you!
Last updated 21/08/2017